Are you interested in participating in our careers carousel? We at Our Lady's are passionate about getting people from the world of work in to discuss all the different careers available to our students.
Whether you are an ex pupil of OLCHS, parent of a current or past pupil or simply want to come in to inspire the next generation of students, we want to hear from you!
Please click here to access a short form where we will collect your details, and a member of staff will be in contact with you shortly.
Our volunteers so far have included: charity workers, lawyers, PR, midwives, journalists, IT, HR, scientists, start -ups, student union reps and hospital workers.
Aziza Bugum- Midwife at Barts Hospital
Thank you again for the opportunity to come and speak with the year 10 girls about my profession. It was nice to be able to speak with an eager audience and interact with them about my role in the NHS and the choices I made in my life that helped me to get my job. I was a little nervous and wasn’t sure how it would go. However, once I spoke with the first class, I soon relaxed and started to enjoy it.
I particularly enjoyed the Q&A- the girls certainly had some interesting questions and I was happy to encourage the individuals who had an idea of what profession they wanted to get in to the future.
I certainly felt that I had the important task of reminding the girls that they can achieve anything they set their minds to to, and not to be afraid of challenges that may come up. Some of the girls talked about a career in medicine and understood the long years of studying involved. It was nice to reassure them that they can still have a social life, travel and study- I wish someone came and reassured me when I was their age! I think the career carousel is a wonderful idea; interaction with people from lots of different professions for young children is a great way to find out exactly what is involved to get to where they want to.
Once again, thank you so much.
What else do we offer here at Our Lady's?
An overview of Careers activities offered at Our Lady's can be viewed: CLICK HERE
If you are a provider wishing to gain access to the school to share information please see details under PROVIDER ACCESS
Careers Education Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) is an essential part of every student's curriculum. It is an integral part of the preparation for, and motivation of, students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life. We prepare our students for the choices, changes and transitions affecting their future education, training, career and life as an adult member of society and to raise their achievement throughout. We do this by:
- Planning and promoting a broad and balanced Careers curriculum that promotes the spiritual, moral social and cultural values within a Christian ethos
- Ensuring high quality, independent , appropriate advice and guidance to students at all stages of their school career
- Ensuring that every student in all key stages has some experience of Careers through a coordinated whole school approach with provision made through the school curriculum and through out of school activities.
- Improving the retention of young people in learning after the end of compulsory schooling to enable them to meet their Career goals
- Developing career awareness by improving an understanding of Career Opportunities and pathways which relate to their attributes and abilities
Independent Advice & Guidance - careers
If you are looking for additional information, advice or guidance : CLICK HERE
Resources Aimed at Deciding Which Career Is Best For You