Year 6 Open Events
Please click here to find out about our upcoming Open Events.
It is with delight that we welcome prospective parents and students to our school between 4.00-8.00pm on Thursday 7th October.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about our outstanding, inclusive Catholic school. We welcome students of all faiths as well as those with none. At our Open Evening, families will be taken on guided tours led by our enthusiastic students who will be able to share what life is like as a member of our small, inclusive, nurturing community. They will also be able to provide answers to any questions about what it is like to study with us.
Visitors will also meet our team of talented and committed teachers and experience some of the exciting extra-curricular and enrichment activities that we offer.
The Headteacher’s talks will take place at 5.00pm, 6.00 pm and again at 7.00 pm in the School Hall. Tour guides will escort families to the Hall, five minutes before the talks are due to begin. Our talks will last approximately 20 minutes.
In line with our current risk assessment and government guidance for schools and indoor events, we will have the following control measures in place to ensure that Open Evening is as safe and enjoyable as possible for visitors, staff and our students:
• To ease congestion, spaces in the School Hall for the Headteacher’s talk will be limited and tickets will be given to visitors on their arrival to secure their space;
• It is recommended that visitors wear face coverings during their time in the school building; additional face masks will be available at reception if required;
• Where possible, we ask that visitor groups are limited to one parent and one child to further ease congestion;
• Visitors should ensure that they follow national guidelines regarding use of face coverings on public transport on their way to and home from the event;
• If visitors have any COVID-19 symptoms, they should not come to the event; visitors with symptoms should isolate in line with NHS guidelines and take a PCR test.
Please note that there is no parking on the school premises; visitors should park away from the school as roads become very congested.
We look forward to welcoming you and your child to our Open Evening.
Mr A English, Interim Head of School