Justice & Peace Workshop
On Wednesday January 27th 2016 Year 10 took part in workshops unpacking the theme Our Common Home in relation to the work of staff from various organisations who support the Westminster Justice and Peace Commission.
The day began with Mass where Fr. Michael used the parable of the Sower to help us reflect on our need to be ‘nourished by good fertile soil’ so that we can grow strong and develop properly. Part of that nourishment he reminded us comes from our home and family life and another part is provided by school through such days as our Justice and Peace day.
We prayed that the Holy Spirit would open our hearts to help us listen, reflect and engage with those people who were coming in to share their experience and make us think! Each student attended 4 out of the 7 workshops listed below:
- Nora and Roland from the London Catholic Workers whose topic was- Peace, community and destitution
- Scott (also a LCW) dealt with Peace action/resistance to injustice
- Matt from Pax Christi: The work of peace-making
- Anne from CAFOD : Fairtrade: Poverty, and our responsibilities as consumers
- Joe and Annie (also CAFOD): Climate Change - what can we do about it?
- Summer from Progressio: What do we understand by poverty?
- Joanna from St Vincent de Paul: What direct help can we give, and what really helps?