OLCHS SEND School Local Offer:
If your daughter has a medical condition, (new or existing) you must inform the school in the first instance by filling out this form. It is a legal requirement that we have all conditions on the school system so that your child is safe whilst on the school premises. Please print form and hand into reception.
Click here to read 'tips for talking' for parents and carers You're never too young to talk about mental health.
Parent Information Session: Hackney education SEND Priorities
This FREE information session will enable you to:
- Meet and hear from the Head of High Needs and School Place Planning
- Meet and hear from the Head of SEN
- Know how the two roles work together
- Find out about the work that has been taking place so far
- Find out about the priorities for SEND
- Understand the role of the local authority, schools and parents in developing SEND services in Hackney
Sign up to attend this session by contacting SENDIAGS on 075 000 6513 or SENDIAGS@hackney.gov.uk
Click here to see the flyer: SEND Flyer
This FREE course is for parents and carers of children with special needs and disabilities (SEND).
Attending the course will help you to support your child's SEND learning and development at home.
What will you learn on the course?
On this course you will be:
- Learning to support your child in their learning activities, including homework
- Gaining insights into how children learn
- Developing knowledge and skills to support learning activities
- Improving your understanding of how behaviour can impact learning
- Building your confidence and ability as a parent and carer by reflecting on your own experiences and those of others
How will the course be delivered?
This five-week course is delivered remotely twice a week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays) on Zoom.The course is led by an experienced SEND specialist teacher, Shirley Tivey.
How can you apply for this course?
Sign up to attend this course or make further enquiries by sending your phone number, email and expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hackney Independent Forum for Parents/Carers of Children with Disabilities (HIP)
Click here to see the flyer which highlights the Short Breaks parental experience and Q&A sessions, and information about their Food Pantry in the E9 area: HIP flyer